- Tax clearance.
- Affidavit or declaration under Article 81 of Law 2238/94 on income.
- Responsible Statement or Certificate under Article 32 of Law 2459/97 for FMAP (Large Property Tax).
- If the title is an inheritance, parental benefit or donation made after 31/12/1984, a certificate of non-payment of a relevant tax is required.
- If the property was built after 1983, the building permit is required.
- If the property has been built within the last decade, a certificate from the IKA (social insurance institution) of the property area is required showing that the insurance contributions have been paid.
- Certificate of non-payment of property tax (TAP) by the municipality to which the property belongs. A copy of the contract is required for the issue and the last PPC bill has been paid.
- If the property is in a cadastral area, the relevant extract from the cadastre service is required.
- If the seller is a trader, a freelancer or a participant in a SA. or Limited, etc., is required to provide insurance information from the competent IKA.
- Finally, if a land or a house is transferred, a topographic diagram is required.
Support documents required only if the buyer requests the transfer tax exemption for the first home purchase. In this case, he/she must present to the property TAX office together with the transfer tax declarations and the following:
- Just copies of income statements for the last 5 years.
- A copy of the E9 form, certified by the tax office.
- f she is married, she will need a marital status certificate and sign a responsible declaration under article 8 of Law 1599/86 with the content indicated by the tax registrar.
FMA (Real Estate Transfer Tax)
VAT is paid to the tax office before the contract is drawn up, so that upon signing it there is proof of payment of the tax. The tax is calculated on the value of the contract as determined by the buyer's notary. In the housing market, for the first 15,000 € the tax rate is 9%, while for the remaining amount is 11%. The first residence is exempt from this tax, up to € 65,000 for the unmarried, € 100,000 for the married, € 20,000 for each of the first two children and € 30,000 for the third child. A municipal tax of 3% is imposed on the amount of the tax. The corresponding amounts for land purchase are differentiated downwards.
REAL ESTATE AGENCY
These costs amount to 2% of the real price and are subject to 24% VAT. The payment is made when the contract is signed.
TAP (Real Estate tax rate)
It is due by the seller. The rate is set by the municipal council in the area, from about 0.25 ‰ to about 0.35 ‰.
The rights of the Land Registry are set at 4.5 ‰ of the value of the property as it appears in the contract and charge the buyer. Each certificate issued costs about € 5.
For purchases over € 29,347, the lawyers of the seller and the buyer are required. The minimum legal fee for each of them is 1% for the first € 44,020 and 0,5% for the amount up to € 1,467,351. The rate is gradually reduced for the remainder of the price. The buyer is also burdened with his lawyer's fees for checking the securities, which is about 1% of the price. Lawyers' fees may vary upwards as appropriate.
Notary fees are paid by the buyer and amount to 1.20% of the contract value plus € 130. The resulting figure amounts to 9% to the Legal Fund, 6% to the Notary Public Insurance Fund, and 85% to the notary's fees. Copies are charged extra € 9,27.